Comment on page
Choose your fav data assets, earn more
Make your selection and commit. Good things will come.
Volume DF lets you can earn more yet, with that same veOCEAN.
In Volume DF, you allocate veOCEAN to data assets with high data consume volume (DCV). This acts as data curation.
Here are tactics:
- Only allocate to assets that actually qualify for DF. The "Assets that qualify" section below has details.
- Allocate to assets with high DCV. Predictoor data feeds are a good bet.
- Lock more OCEAN.
- Lock OCEAN for longer. For example, a 4-year lock is 4x more reward than 1-year.
- Refresh your OCEAN locks often. This is needed since veOCEAN degrades with time.
- Frequently claim your OCEAN rewards then lock it. Be careful: too often may make gas fees > OCEAN rewards.
You can delegate your veOCEAN from one wallet to another. This is handy if you have a hardware wallet holding veOCEAN, and you want a "hot" software wallet to automatically re-allocate more often. There are other uses too.
Data assets that have veOCEAN allocated towards them get Volume DF rewards.
The asset may be of any type — dataset, data feed, a C2D algorithm, or other. It may be fixed price or free. If fixed price, any token of exchange is alright (OCEAN, H2O, USDC, etc). If free, then gas used for consume is the "volume".
To qualify for DF, an asset must also:
The Reward Function (RF) governs how Volume DF rewards are allocated.
Rewards are calculated as follows:
- 2.For each asset and each veOCEAN holder:
- 1.If the holder is a publisher, 2x the effective allocation
- 2.Baseline rewards = (% allocation in asset) * (OCEAN for an asset)
- 3.Bound rewards to the asset by 125% APY
- 4.Bound rewards by asset’s
Step 2.4 is to prevent wash consume.
DCV_multiplieris a function of fees, with a value of 0.201 for Predictoor feeds, and 0.001 for other data assets.
When DF restarts each Thursday, the global allocation towards each asset resets back to zero and then starts counting up again until the end of the round. After allocating your veOCEAN to different datasets, it will take time for your voting power to be accounted for.
Last modified 24d ago