Comment on page
Baseline sales for predictoors
Predictoor DF is a substream of Active DF that amplifies predictoors’ earnings, via extra sales to Ocean Predictoor data feeds.
Predictoor DF has 37K OCEAN weekly rewards (ongoing) and 100K ROSE rewards (first 4 weeks).
The higher baseline sales makes Volume DF and Passive DF more attractive.
You should be familiar with both Predictoor and DF before reading on.
Predictoor Data Farming is a substream of Active DF. It amplifies existing predictoors’ earnings based on their accuracy and stake.
Predictoor DF starts counting on Nov 9, 23, at the beginning of Data Farming Round 62 (DF62). It runs indefinitely.
OCEAN payouts are 37,000 OCEAN/week, ongoing.
- A special “DF buyer” bot purchases Predictoor feeds. It starts operating on Nov 9. Every day, it spends 1/7 of the weekly Predictoor OCEAN budget for another 24h subscription. It spends an equal amount per feed. (Currently there are feeds: 10 x 5min, 10 x 1h.)
- The OCEAN comes from the Ocean DF budget, as part of the 75,000 OCEAN/week for Active DF. The Volume DF budget has been adjusted to 37,000 OCEAN/week, and Challenge DF to 1,000 OCEAN/week. Here are details.
ROSE payouts of 100,000 ROSE/week for the first 4 weeks of Predictoor DF.
- Payout is 4 days after the end of the DF round, on Monday. Therefore there will be payouts at the end of DF62, DF63, DF64, and DF65.
- Between the DF round end and ROSE rewards payout, make sure you claim your OCEAN rewards for all your predictions from the DF round to be accounted.
- Payout for a given predictoor is pro-rata to the net earnings of that predictoor over that DF round, specifically (total sales $ to the predictoor) minus (predictoor stake slashed due to being wrong).
Running a predictoor bot will automatically make you eligible for Predictoor DF rewards.
Predictoor DF makes Volume DF more attractive than status quo, because the volume-based bounds on weekly rewards trends tend to be markedly higher for prediction feeds. (The Appendix has details.)
Curating is straightforward. Ocean assets with high DCV are easy to identify: it's the 20 OPF-published prediction feeds. This makes the choice of veOCEAN allocation easy: point to those 20 assets .
Doing Volume DF gives Passive DF rewards too, of course.
The net result: Predictoor DF means earnings potential from Predictoor DF, Volume DF, and Passive DF.
Predictoor DF makes Volume DF more attractive than status quo. Active DF's rewards are bounded by
DCV_boundwhich in turn is bound by sales volume and fees. In Predictoor DF, both those factors are raised; this raises the bounds in Volume DF; this in turn means higher earning potential. Let's elaborate.
DCV_bound = DCV * m
Ocean community fee (0.1%) + publish market fee
This stopped wash consume 💪 because it became unprofitable to do wash consume: fees eat up all potential profits.
DCV(data consume volume) or a low
m(publish market fee) mean low
Predictoor DF makes both
DCVis higher: the 37K OCEAN/week counts as consume volume
mis higher: publish market fee is 20% for prediction feeds
DCV_boundis higher. Specifically:
DCV_bound = 37000 * (0.001 + 0.20) = 7437 OCEAN. In other words, at least 7437 OCEAN is available for Volume DF in any given week.
 The BTC/USDT 5m and 1h feeds follow the same Volume DF mechanics as the other feeds, despite being free on the webapp.
Details: the BTC feeds are priced at the smart contract level. The webapp receives datatokens for those feeds and makes the prediction values public. Because the BTC feeds are priced, then: their DCV is non-negligible; allocating veOCEAN to them makes sense; and Volume DF rewards accrue to them as well.
Last modified 14d ago