Comment on page
Earn OCEAN rewards by locking OCEAN, curating data, and making predictions.
Data Farming (DF) is Ocean's incentive program. It rewards OCEAN to participants who lock OCEAN into veOCEAN, curate data, or make predictions -- all in the name of driving data consume volume (DCV). DF is a bit like DeFi liquidity mining, but tuned for DCV.
There is currently 150,000 OCEAN / week available for DF rewards.
DF is organized into two streams: Passive DF and Active DF. Each has 50% of the DF budget. Passive DF allows for passive earning potential. Active DF requires more engagement; it has several substreams, each with its own activity.
Here are all streams & substreams. The links lead to dedicated pages.
- 2.Active DF. 75,000 OCEAN per week. It has these substreams:
All streams and substreams repeat weekly that start on Thursdays 00:00 at UTC and end on Wed at 23:59 UTC.
OCEAN rewards for all DF streams & substreams are on Ethereum mainnet. One exception: rewards for Predictoor DF are on Oasis Sapphire.
Users engage in different networks, depending on the DF stream:
- Passive DF: veOCEAN is deployed on Ethereum mainet. Users lock OCEAN for veOCEAN on Ethereum mainnet
- Volume DF: users can allocate veOCEAN to data assets on Etherum mainnet, Polygon, BSC, Moonriver, Energy Web Chain, or Sapphire.
- Challenge DF: users submit predictions on Mumbai (Polygon testnet).
- Predictoor DF: users submit predictions on Sapphire.
Last modified 6h ago